ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) — One teenage boy is dead, another in surgery with life-threatening injuries, and a third injured after three shootings in the City of Rochester Thursday afternoon.

According to the Rochester Police Department, a 17-year-old was shot around 1:30 p.m. Thursday on St. James Street and sustained non-life-threatening injuries. Investigators say one person was arrested, and a loaded handgun was recovered.

During the course of their investigation in the 400 block of Lyell Ave, the RPD stepped out with 19-year-old Dashaun Tubbs. Tubbs was found to be in possession of a handgun.

The RPD adds that over the course of the last month, investigators have been working to identify the suspect and the motive behind a Janaury 14 shooting where 19-year-old Sideic Robinson was shot and killed inside a Burger King on Lyell Ave.

Tubbs was identified by the RPD as the shooter of the victim shot on St. James Street and was charged with assault in the second degree and two counts of criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree.

In relation to the January 14 Burger King shooting, Tubbs was charged with murder in the second degree and criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree for the shooting death of Sideic Robinson.

The RPD adds that Robinson and Tubbs knew each other, and the shooting is believed to be the result of “disrespect.”

At the time of Thursday’s shooting as well as the murder of Sideic Robinson, the RPD says Tubbs was on probation for a previous criminal possession of a weapon conviction stemming from an arrest in 2022, which he pled guilty to and was sentenced to probation.

“We’re literally up there trying to brief major crimes people on what we have on this first incident, and while we’re there we get info of a person with a gun,” said RPD Sgt. Kevin Leckinger. “So is that person trying to commit violence against us? Against other people? Is it completely unrelated? We don’t know, but we don’t have time to do that investigation yet. We just needed to get that gun out of their hands right then and there and determine the dangers later.”

Officers were called to Alphonse Street around 2:30 p.m. for another reported shooting. They found a teen who had been shot at least once in the upper body and died at the scene.

The Rochester Police Department has identified the teen shot as 15-year-old Rochester resident Suade McKnight. RPD adds that McKnight did not reside at the house on Alphonse Street where he was killed.

About 10 minutes later, police were called to nearby Lang Street for a third shooting. Investigators say another teenage male had been shot at least once there. He was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital and brought into surgery with what police said were life-threatening injuries.

According to the Rochester Police Department, all the victims and suspects involved in the shootings on Thursday were under the age of 21 years old.

Mayor Evans, in a press conference, is urging all parents and guardians to monitor their children’s social media. He says that shootings such as these begin online.

According to RPD Chief David Smith, there has been a 51% decrease in shooting incidents in 2023, with a 58% decrease in shooting victims.

In response to McKnight’s passing, RCSD Superintendent Dr. Carmine Peluso released a statement:

“The violence our city experienced yesterday afternoon is tragic and heartbreaking.  In the span of an hour and ten minutes, the lives of three young people were forever changed, yet again underscoring the devastating impact that violence has in our community.  Sadly, one of those teenagers, Suade McKnight, did not get to go home to his family last night.  Our District is providing resources and supports to students and staff as needed. If any child needs additional support, we ask parents to please reach out to their school.  I extend my deepest condolences to Suade’s family and friends.”

Tubbs was arraigned at Rochester City Court Friday morning.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.