ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) — PGA of America announced that they will be donating over $250,000 towards the Genesee Valley Golf Course.
In a press conference held Tuesday morning, leaders of PGA of America said that the money will go towards building a new practice and chipping facility at the course.
According to PGA of America, the donation to the Genesee Valley Golf Course is a donation as part of the “Places to Play” initiative.
Those who spoke at the conference included PGA of America CEO Seth Waught, President John Lindert, and CCO Kerry Haigh.
More from the PGA Championship:
- What it takes to breakdown PGA facilities and move them to keep up with the league
- Fans take advantage of merchandise sales following PGA Championship
- PGA Shops offer 50% off all remaining merchandise Monday
- Incredible Oak Hill success comes with lessons, confidence for future
- Webster native gets opportunity of a lifetime to caddie at PGA Championship