ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) — A man is without a home after Halloween decorations caused his Perinton home to go up in flames Tuesday night, according to fire crews.

Four separate fire companies were called to the scene on Country Downs Road around 9 p.m. for the report of a house fire. Firefighters say the sole resident managed to escape.

He did not suffer injuries, but his home was deemed uninhabitable by officials.

Investigators believe the fire started from holiday decorations. The man is currently receiving temporary housing assistance from the Red Cross.

Location


Check back with News 8 WROC as we will continue to update this developing story.