ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) — Monroe County Board of Elections officials are scheduled to hold a press conference at 2 p.m. Friday to discuss early voting options for residents.
There are 12 early voting sites and people can vote at any of them regardless of where they live. Early voting begins Saturday, October 24 and runs until Sunday, November 1. COVID-19 guidelines will be in place and signing in has gone digital.
“What folks are used to in terms of the poll books are no longer, everything is on an iPad style machine where essentially the voter will sign in and their signature will come up for the bipartisan team to be able to review against what’s in the system,” said democratic elections commissioner Jackie Ortiz.
When it comes to appropriate political clothing at polling sites, anything with a candidate’s name, party affiliation, or encouraging voting “yes” or “no” on a specific ballot question is not allowed. Anything considered “expression” such as a phrase or social issue is acceptable.
Early voting dates and times
- Saturday, October 24, 2020: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Sunday, October 25, 2020: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Monday, October 26, 2020: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 27, 2020: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 28, 2020: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Thursday, October 29, 2020: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday, October 30, 2020: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday, October 31, 2020: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Sunday, November 1, 2020: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Early voting locations
- David F. Gantt Community Center – 700 North St, Rochester, NY 14605
- City of Rochester Recreation Bureau – 2nd Floor, 57 St Paul St, Rochester, NY 14604
- Genesee Valley Field House – 1316 Genesee St, Rochester, NY 14611
- Edgerton Recreation Center – 41 Backus St, Rochester, NY 14608
- SUNY Empire State College – 680 Westfall Rd, Rochester, NY 14620
- Town of Chili Senior Center – 3235 Chili Ave, Rochester, NY 14624
- North Greece Road Church of Christ – 1039 N Greece Rd, Rochester, NY 14626
- Marketplace Mall (North Entrance) – 1 Miracle Mile Dr, Rochester, NY 14623
- Irondequoit Public Library – 1290 Titus Ave, Rochester, NY 14617
- Harris-Whalen Park Lodge – 2126 Penfield Rd, Penfield, NY 14526
- Perinton Square Mall – 6720 Pittsford Palmyra Rd, Fairport, NY 14450
- Webster Recreation Center – 1350 Chiyoda Dr, Webster, NY 14580
MORE | When and how to vote: Monroe County Board of Elections lays out different methods, deadlines for voters
In June’s primary, Monroe County had the highest early voter turnout amongst all Upstate New York counties. Ortiz said she wants the numbers to be even higher this time around.
“To me, less than 4% turnout is still something for which we can improve upon. And so our goal here at the Board of Elections is to push as many people as possible out to early voting I want to see double digits coming out here in Monroe County,” Ortiz said.
Voters can also drop off their absentee ballots at early voting sites. The drop boxes look like this:
For more information on voting, plus a list of all the races and candidates, visit out Election Day 2020 voter guide:
MORE | Election Day 2020 voter guide: Every race, every candidate for voters in the Rochester region
For those voting on Election Day, all voters received a notice in September with their polling site on it and some have changed since then. Anyone with a changed site will be receiving a letter with their new site in the mail within the next week.
Check back with News 8 WROC as we will continue to update this developing story.