ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) — Rochester Gas and Electric now has a smartphone app.
Nate Stone, a spokesperson for RG&E’s corporate communications, says the app has been available for a few months now, but he says the company was waiting for some users to get their hands on it before getting the word out.
“We put up something on our website, but haven’t announced anything publicly yet,” Stone said. “Not quite a ‘soft launch,’ but the full launch is expected in the next week or so.”
The free app is available now in the Apple App store and the Google Play Store. Customers can find it by simply searching for RG&E in the respective app stores.
Stone says getting the app to users has helped developers test it out before the full launch.
According to RG&E, the app can help customers:
- Pay your bill with just the click of a button.
- Access and view your account real-time with secure Touch or Face ID access. You‘ll be able to view your account balance and payment due date without entering your account number every time.
- Easily report an outage and access outage lists and maps to stay informed.
- Submit a meter read at your convenience
- Enroll in eBill for online access and convenience and view up to 13 months of bills.
- Sign up for AutoPay so your payments can be made automatically, securely, and on time every month.
- Enroll in Budget Billing so you’ll always know how much your bill will be.
- Update your account profile (email address, mailing address and phone number) and manage your personal preferences.