ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The NYS 2021 budget is prohibiting gender-price based discrimination for similar or like kind goods and services.
The legislation would require certain service providers to provide price lists for standard services upon request and notice that gender-base price discrimination is not allowed under state law.
Businesses who violate the law would be subject to civil penalties.
- Protestors make the case for reopening of northern border during Buffalo rally
- Major training: Biden dog gets professional help adjusting to White House life
- Funeral arrangements for man killed in fatal Gates carjacking
- Second Ramadan of pandemic begins amid restrictions
- Georgetown couple reunites for first time since pandemic for 50th wedding anniversary