ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The NYS 2021 budget is prohibiting gender-price based discrimination for similar or like kind goods and services.
The legislation would require certain service providers to provide price lists for standard services upon request and notice that gender-base price discrimination is not allowed under state law.
Businesses who violate the law would be subject to civil penalties.
- Biden becomes first presidential candidate in U.S. history to surpass 80 million votes
- Nearly 1 million crockpots sold by Amazon, Target recalled for burn risk
- The Weeknd calls the Grammys ‘corrupt’ after receiving zero nominations
- Feldman’s Favorites? Week 12
- “One mistake didn’t win or lose a game” Dino Babers reacts to Syracuse heartbreaking loss to NC State