ICYMI: Social on 8’s top stories for Wednesday:
- Lady Gaga is singing the national anthem for Superbowl 50. She will also sing a tribute to late singer, David Bowie for the Grammy’s.
- McDonald’s will be giving out free books in their Happy Meals, including classics like, “Paddington.”
- An Emerson Student rented out their dorm room on Airbnb to get some extra cash. He was fined by the website, and faces disciplinary action from Emerson.
- A mother-turned artist in Texas has began crafting jewelry out of breast milk and selling her creations to other mothers.
- Today is National Carrot Cake Day! Carrots used to be used to sweeten desserts when sugar was too expensive.
- JIC, or Just In Case, is an iPhone case that can record phone conversations and store them for later. JIC is now raising money on IndieGoGo.
- Stiletto is a discreet jewelry charm that women can activate when they feel in danger. You can buy the Stiletto line of jewelry starting at $179 here.
- This video of a surfer free falling from a 40 foot wave in Hawaii has the World Surfing League saying it’s the craziest thing they have ever seen. The surfer was not hurt.