ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) — A driver is seriously injured after a crash Friday night on Lake Ave., which took place after a vehicle failed to stop for a state trooper, according to New York State Police.
According to NYSP, a state trooper attempted to stop a 2006 Chrysler PT Curiser for no license plates on Lake Ave.
The driver, NYSP says, failed to comply, shut off their headlights, and began to drive off at a high speed.
Shortly after, the same vehicle was involved in a crash.
An investigation by NYSP revealed 29-year-old Adam Schafer, the driver of the PT Cruiser, crossed into oncoming traffic and struck another car head-on.
Schafer was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The driver of the impacted car, a Ford Focus, was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital with serious, but non-life-threatening injuries, according to NYSP.
The NYSP adds that criminal charges are pending.
- Weather forecast: Starting the new week off with a rain/snow mix
- Take a peek at Greater Rochester Peep Show’s candy displays
- RPD: 2 teens in custody after allegedly assaulting 2 other teens
- ‘Clearly a hoax’: Police provide Hilton bomb threat investigation update
- Matzah Bakery at JCC celebrates 40 years with free baking demonstrations