(CNN/WFLA) – Wildlife officials are searching for whoever shot and killed a bald eagle in Indiana.
The bird was discovered with a gunshot wound in Bedford, and later died as a result of the injury.
The national bird of the U.S. was once endangered due to hunting and pesticides. It’s no longer considered endangered, but it’s still protected by federal, state and municipal laws.
A reward is being offered for tips that lead to an arrest.
- Ho Ho No! Santa Claus won’t be coming to Macy’s this year
- Senate Judiciary Committee votes to advance Judge Amy Coney Barrett; Democrats boycott
- Senate panel advances nomination to the Supreme Court
- Weather forecast: Warm front inbound, fantastic Friday ahead!
- Trump’s Supreme Court nominee moves toward Senate vote despite boycott by Dems