ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) — Storms that rolled through the Rochester region Monday left downed trees, damage, and widespread power outages in their wake.
The front of a home on Duncott Road in Perinton was split open by a falling tree around 4:00 p.m.
More than 15,000 homes and businesses were impacted by outages at their peak around 6:00 p.m. As of 5 a.m. on Tuesday, most of those homes and businesses had their power restored. You can check the status of those outages live through this link.
Monroe County Executive Adam Bello sent out a list of intersections impacted by outages shortly before 9:30 p.m., urging drivers to be careful. Those intersections are:
Town of Perinton
- NYS Route 96 at Marsh Road
- NYS Route 96 at Kreag Road
- NYS Route 96 at I-490 (Bushnell’s Basin exit)
- NYS Route 96 at Garnsey Road
- NYS Route 31 at Kreag Road
- NYS Route 31 at NYS Route 250
- NYS Route 31 at Turk Hill Road
- NYS Route 250 at Ayrault Road
Town of Henrietta
- Calkins Road at Pinnacle Road
- NYS Route 253 (Lehigh Station Road) at Pinnacle Road
- NYS Route 253 (Erie Station Road) at East River Road
“All residents should avoid unnecessary travel through portions of Monroe County that have been impacted by the severe storms that touched down earlier today. Local residents should continue to monitor local television and news outlets for updated information,” Bello said. “We will continue to work with local government partners, emergency response agencies, local law enforcement and our utility providers to updates as they are available and ensure resident and motorist safety.”
Send your storm damage photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.