Many Wayne CSD parents are not happy with the school board and were not quiet about at it at a special meeting that was called.
“It’s a personal attack on two guys who we voted in, and we voted them in to ask questions,” said Carrie Wood, a Wayne CSD parent who thinks the school board is wasting time and money with “bogus” allegations.
The board moved forward tonight with an investigation into two of its members, Dennis Landry and Steve Gallaher, who they say engaged in misconduct relating to an incident on Sept. 6, 2018, when they visited the now-empty Freewill Elementary School, got into the building and triggered an alarm.
“There were no charges, nothing found wrong, but they’re still going ahead,” said Landry.
State police conducted a months-long investigation that turned up nothing, but the board is moving forward, and at tonight’s meeting they voted to make public what happened in prior executive sessions but did not allow parents or community members to speak.
We asked the school board president, Tim Reynolds why he decided against public comment, despite the packed, and opinionated room, and he said “because we’ve seen and heard what some people have to say, some not all, but we’ve heard it.”
The two men say they weren’t even told what they were voting on tonight, they were just read the resolution and asked to vote on it. The school district, however, says, the resolution was included in a packet sent to each board member on February 15. Landry and Gallaher wouldn’t go so far as to say this is a vendetta by certain board members but acknowledged animosity.
“I don’t know if it’s a personal attack but Dennis and I are not afraid to ask questions and hold people accountable in this administration,” said Gallaher.
They both said they’re looking forward to everything being made public and feel they’ll be vindicated.