This is what was trending Wednesday, June 29th, 2016:
- The Federal Government is considering screening the foreign travelers’ social media to help identify possible terrorists. Under the proposal, non-citizens traveling to and from the U.S. on a visa waiver could be asked about their social media profiles, but not their passwords. U.S. Customs and Border Patrol would ask travelers to volunteer their handles on their social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
- 90’s kids are going to need a lot of markers and glitter in the near future. Lisa Frank adult coloring books are coming. The company shared the news on Instagram and Facebook, saying it will be available in July at Dollar General. Don’t forget, National Coloring Day is on August 2nd. Hopefully you will be able to get your hands and gel pens on a copy just in time to celebrate.
- Certainly a big day of the year for John Kucko, it’s National Camera Day! George Eastman didn’t invent the camera, but is known as “the Father of Photography,” for bringing the camera to the masses. Eastman invented many additions that improved the use, ease, and production of the camera, making it widely available to homes around the world. Plenty of people were celebrating Wednesday by sharing photos with #NationalCameraDay.
- Our featured 4p Photo Album Picture of the Day was sent in from Dave Preston. He says, “It was a quiet day in the neighborhood. Suddenly our pool was invaded by the wild things!” Every day we’ll be asking you to send in your work on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using #news8photo with a little story or caption behind it.
- Some parents are willing to fight fire with fire when it comes to monitoring their children’s social media. A Washington dad is going viral after he says his daughter refused to tone down her “risque” Instagram selfies. He then recreated everything in her pictures, right down to his daughter’s tattoos and pouty lips. He says she got the point and it looks like his son might be next.