Ten people taken to the hospital after reports of CO at Michigan Street home

Local News

The Rochester Fire Department was called to a house on Michigan Street and Santee Street around 1:42 p.m. Wednesday for a carbon monoxide detector going off inside a house and a woman complainings of a headache. 

Upon arrival, fire crews found a high level of carbon monoxide in the house, 100 parts per million at the highest point. 

A spokesperson for American Medical Response says that ten patients were transported to Rochester General Hospital with symptoms. The Fire Department says that three adults and seven children were transported for evaluation.

According to the Fire Department, a neighbor had been using a snow blower earlier in the day and had accidentally covered the furnace exhaust pipe, causing a back flow of carbon monoxide inside the house.

The Rochester Fire Department would like to remind everyone to check their furnace vents to ensure that there is proper ventilation and not covered by snow.​

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss