The first 10 companies selected to take part in New York State’s first-ever Luminate New York accelerator competition were announced on Wednesday.
The top ten finalists include optics, photonics and imaging start-ups, which were selected after pitching ideas to an advisory panel comprised of industry experts at the Luminate NY Lighting Awards Wednesday afternoon.
The 10 selected finalists include:
In the fields of Photonic Devices, Lasers, Materials and Display:
- Arovia, Inc. – Houston, TX
- Lumotune – Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
- Molecular Glasses, Inc. – Rochester, NY
In the fields of Spectroscopy and Medical Devices:
- LighTopTech Corp. – Rochester, NY
- Intelon Optics, Inc. – Boston, MA
In Augmented and Virtual Reality, Sensors, Instrumentation, Image Recognition:
- Bounce Imaging – Boston, MA
- Double Helix LLC – Philadelphia, PA
- Think Biosolution – Dublin, Ireland
- Positive Science – Rochester, NY
- Tarsier Optics, Inc. – Baltimore, MD
Each of the finalists will receive $100K, a spot in the High Tech Rochester accelerator, and a chance at a pool of $2 million in additional funding in June 2018.