ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) — A man was taken to Strong Hospital Saturday evening after a domestic related dispute on Emerson Street.
Rochester police say they responded to the 500 block of Emerson Street for the report of a person shot.
Upon their arrival, officers did not find a shooting victim, but did find a 39-year-old male city resident who was suffering from a laceration to his upper body.
RPD says the victim was taken to Strong Hospital for treatment. They add the injuries are non-life threatening.
An investigation by police revealed that the incident was a domestic related dispute and the suspect left the scene before police arrived.
The investigation remains ongoing.
Check back with News 8 WROC as we will continue to update this developing story.
- Large police presence at L3Harris on Jefferson Road
- Weather forecast: Cooler weather is back, now can we finally get some rain?
- ‘Stroll for Strong Kids 5K’ honors and remembers young lives, recognizes staff
- NYS Thruway asking for comments on proposed toll price hike
- Man recovering from shooting on Flint St.