The 2017 inductees to the Rochester Music Hall of Fame were announced Wednesday.
The inductees include;
- Samuel Adler, celebrated classical composer and Eastman School of Music professor of composition from 1966 to 1995
- Joe Beard, revered blues guitarist and vocalist
- Gary Lewis, 1960’s hitmaker with Gary Lewis and the Playboys
- Uncle Roger McCall, pioneer radio DJ and host of the”Homegrown” radio show.
- Greg Sullivan, owner of The Penny Arcade, which is one of Rochester’s most revered music clubs
- Lewis Soloff, Grammy Award-winning trumpeter for Blood, Sweat & Tears
The induction ceremony will take place April 30 at 7p.m. at Eastman Theatre.