The New York State Department of Transportation announced a portion of Route 15A (East Henrietta Road) will be closed in both directions between I-390 and Iola Drive in Brighton.
A portion of the road will be closed to all traffic starting Friday at 9:00 p.m. through the evening of Saturday, Aug. 5, pending weather.
This work, to pave the area south of the new bridge over the Erie Canal, will require the closure of the following adjacent interchange ramps accessing and exiting the expressway:
– This closure will prohibit access for southbound traffic on Route 15A to I-390. There will be no restrictions accessing I-390 from the south on Route 15A.
– The exit ramp from I-390 North to Route 15A North (Exit 16B) will be closed.
– The exit ramp from I-390 North to Route 15A South (Exit 16A) will be closed.
– The entrance ramp from Route 15A in both directions to I-390 North will be closed.
– Left turns onto Route 15A will be prohibited on the exit ramp from I-390 South (Exit 16B).
Local traffic with destinations between Westfall Road and the canal bridge will be permitted, including Monroe Community Hospital and CityGate retail complex.
You can find the latest up to date travel information here.
This work is part of the ongoing $30.7 million project to reconstruct the interchange of Interstate 390 and Route 15A (East Henrietta Road). Construction is expected to be complete in fall 2017.