Karen McCready’s daughter, Colleen, lives in, what is now, the hurricane ravaged island of St. John in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The Virgin Islands are a U.S. territory, and McCready says many people living on those islands are in need of help.
Governor Cuomo traveled to the U.S. Virgin Islands on Friday to assess the damage and determine how New York State can provide assistance to people living there.
Locally, Karen McCready has joined with the Pittsford Women’s Club to start a fundraiser to help the area.
McCready urges people to help with relief efforts in the Virgin Islands. She shared some donation advice for people looking to help.
In lieu of shipping supplies to the Virgin Islands, people also able to safely make cash donations to the following approved sites:
- St John Rescue: www.stjohnrescue.com
- St John Community Fund: www.thestjohnfoundation.org
- Animal Care Center: www.stjohnanimalcarecenter.com
Donated Items Needed:
- Freeze Dried Food
- Canned Food
- Clothing: underwear, socks, sneakers
- Toiletries: feminine supplies, body wash, shampoo, bar soaps
- Bug Repellent
- Over the counter medications: Advil, Benadryl
- First aid supplies
- Small pillows
- Hand sanitizer
- Tooth brush, tooth paste, floss
All above items can be shipped to:
Atlantic Aviation St John Relief/Julie Lasota 9800 Ashton Rd Philadelphia, PA. 19114
Amazon will ship to above address at No Cost. Mention USVI Relief
- Chain saws,
- Stoke oil
These larger items can be shipped to:
Seaview Building Solutions St John Relief 3301 NW 22 Terr Suite 300F Pompano Beach FL. 33069