Multiple Victor school buses caught fire

Local News

VICTOR, N.Y. (WROC) — Fire crews responded to the call of multiple school buses on fire early Tuesday morning.

According to the Ontario County Sheriff’s Office, a call came in around 1:56 a.m. for the report of a school bus on fire at the Victor Central School Bus Garage and upon arrival, they learned two buses had caught flame.

The Victor Fire Department and Fishers Fire Department both responded to the call and put the fire out. According to the Victor Fire Department, it was an electrical fire. Upon an investigation, the fire department said one bus caught fire on the driver’s side, and it spread to the other bus. Three other buses were damaged due to heat.

“With all these electronics, we’re going to see more and more not just buses, plows, trucks all this stuff is happening because of the more electronics, the more a possibility of electrical causing a problem,” Victor Fire Department Chief Glen Lockwood said.

Responding fire crews said they were lucky to put out the fire as they were not able to get inside the facility due to a security gate.

“We had to take bolt cutters to cut the chain and actually get that gate open. You know we got trucks sitting on the outside can’t get in because of that,” Lockwood said.

According to the OCSO, the two buses on fire were “total losses.”

The sheriff’s office said there appears to be no sign of suspicious activity.

Check back with News 8 as we continue to update this developing story.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Donate Now to the Food For Families Food Drive

Trending Stories

Rochester Rundown
What's Good with Dan Gross
Songs From Studio B
Download Our App

Don't Miss