A truck became stuck in a manhole on St. Paul Street in Rochester late Tuesday night, and responding police found smoke billowing from several manholes at the scene.
RG&E crews joined firefighters responding to that scene. They tell News 8 that a faulty 120 volt cable caused a series of small explosiona and the 4 manhole covers to be blown from their base.
An area of St. Paul Street remained closed for hours, however the street was re-opened by 5:30 a.m. for the morning commute.
No one was injured by the manhole covers, and the driver of the truck originally stuck was un-injured as well.
Stay with News 8 for updates on this story.