Man taken to hospital after hotel room catches fire

Local News

A man was taken to the hospital early Tuesday morning after a fire at the Ramada Plaza near the Greater Rochester International Airport.

The Gates Fire Department chief tells News 8 that an automatic fire alarm called first responders to the hotel on Brooks Avenue around midnight.

Police arriving on scene found a fire on the first floor in the back of the hotel. They helped one man get out. He was taken to the hospital for evaluation.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to one room and then searched the building. They found smoke damage to parts of the first and second floors and water damage to parts of the first floor.

The chief says the hotel does have sprinklers, but not where the fire started.

No word yet on the cause of the fire.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Remarkable Women

Trending Stories

Covid-19 County by County tracker
Download Our App

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss