Coronavirus Facts First

Man suffers electric shock while working in manhole

Local News
manhole_1470240090321.jpg

An apprentice working in a manhole on Liberty Pole Way in Rochester suffered an electric shock this morning.

The Rochester Police Department, Rochester Fire Department, and RG&E responded around 10 a.m.

They say a man in his 20s who is possibly an apprentice with O’Connell electric who was doing work for RG&E was found slumped over in a harness inside a manhole.

His coworkers are being credited for hoisting him to safety.

“They did find him slumped over, members of O’Connell Electric found him slumped over,” said RFD Battalion Chief Chris Peer. “They pulled him out of the hole. He was removed from the hole. And they did shock him and started CPR. The individual has been transported to an area hospital.”

The victim was transported to Strong Memorial Hospital for treatment and is in critical condition. He did have a pulse and was conscious when being loaded into the ambulance.

Members from OSHA will also be responding to conduct an investigation.
 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss