On Monday, the state announced $20.5 million in funding for 29 airport projects across New York under the Aviation Capital Grant Program.
Projects funded under this initiative include security checkpoint enhancements, acquisition of ground service and maintenance equipment, terminal modernization and expansion, and construction of airplane hangar facilities.
The following local airports were a part of the grant program:
- $1,485,000 to Canandaigua Airport to Construct General Aviation Terminal Building.
- $662,474 to Finger Lakes Regional to Construct New Jet-A Fuel Farm.
- $356,250 to Genesee County Airport to Purchase Ground Service Equipment.
- $972,325 to Ledgedale Airport for Airfield Lighting Improvements and Runway Markings.
- $421,200 to Penn Yan-Yates County Airport for Airport Sanitary Sewer Extension.
- $1,068,400 to Williamson-Sodus Airport to Construct 18 Unit T-Hangar.