Leroy homeowner extinguishes fire with hose by the time 7 fire departments arrive

Local News

A Leroy homeowner armed with a garden hose made quick work of a fire early Monday morning.

Seven fire departments were called to the home on Washington Avenue, but by the time they arrived the homeowner had already put the fire out.

Investigators believe the fire was caused by a faulty cigarette disposal container.

Three people were inside the house at the time. No one was injured.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss