ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) — More hot days are hitting Rochester this week.
The City of Rochester is heating back up and a cool sweep is in effect for Tuesday.
“A lot of people are probably going to have a lot of heat exhaustion, maybe some heatstroke. The best thing for everybody to do is stay in the air conditioning, drink lots of fluid. If you are already thirsty, you’re already kind of a little late on it,” Rick Yeckel, operations Lieutenant from Monroe Ambulance said.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, some changes have been made to Cool Sweep locations for health and safety reasons, including capacity limitations and adjusted hours of operation.
Spray Parks (noon to 6 p.m.):
• Carter Street R-Center, 500 Carter St.
• Tyshaun Cauldwell R-Center for Hope, 524 Campbell St.
• Edgerton R-Center, 41 Backus St.
• Humboldt R-Center, 1045 Atlantic Ave.
• David F. Gantt R-Center, 700 North St.
• Thomas P. Ryan R-Center, 530 Webster Ave.
• Roxie Sinkler R-Center, 75 Grover St.
Spray Features – (Noon to 6 p.m.):
• Fourth and Peck Playground, corner of Fourth and Peck Streets
• Martin Luther King Jr. Park playground, 353 Court St. (Residents are asked NOT to wade in the fountains)
• Troup Street Park, Troup Street and Van Auker Street (between Reynolds and Ford Streets)
Swimming Opportunities and Hours of Operation:
• Genesee Valley Park Pool, 131 Elmwood Ave.: Noon – 7 p.m., seven days a week
• Adams Street R-Center Pool, 85 Adams St.: Noon – 6:30 p.m., Monday – Friday
• Trenton and Pamela Jackson R-Center Pool (formerly Baden St. Pool), 485 N. Clinton Ave.: Noon – 6:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.