Coronavirus Facts First

Fire damages business in Victor

Local News

A business in Victor sustained heavy damage after a fire broke out there early Monday morning.

Firefighters were called to Mobile Graphics on West Main Street around 2:30 a.m. Two people that live in apartments above the business were able to get out safely.

According to Chief Sean McAdoo, the fire started near a gas meter. 

Crews from RG&E were on scene and had to dig underground to cut the gas line to the building so the rest of the fire can be extinguished.

“It’s a long process waiting for the gas to be shut off.” McAdoo said. “Once the gas is shut off, we’re going to quickly go in and extinguish the fire and finish up what we have to do.”

No injuries have been reported. 

West Main Street was closed while the fire was put out, but has since reopened. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Dont Miss

More Don't Miss