Family in Wisconsin rescued from high CO levels by their cat!

Local News

According to the CDC, about 430 Americans die from carbon monoxide poisoning every year. Something a Wisconsin family is not taking lightly. 

The family says they were saved from lethal levels of carbon monoxide by their cat, Gracie. 

It was the middle of the night when Kevin Shanahan’s cat started scratching at his bedroom door, loudly. 

Kevin could tell something ws wrong and got up to see what was going on.

“So I got out of bed to stop her from pounding at the door and I looked to my left, and Annette was in the chair,” said Kevin. 

“I was hanging onto the arm of the chair and I thought I was dying,” Annette set. 

They immediately called 911. 
Firefighters discovered a malfunction in the water heater had created toxic levels of CO gas in their home. 
The CO detector was not working properly because it was 15 years old.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss