The 30-hour coffin challenge at Darien Lake is set for this weekend. Six locals will attempt to stay in a coffin for 30 hours to compete for a $300 cash prize, a Fright Fest prize pack, and a pair of 2019 season passes.
The challenge will have a six-minute bathroom break and 13 minutes of phone time every hour and four meal breaks.
The challenge starts Saturday at 1 p.m. and will last until 7 p.m. Sunday, October 14.
They will also compete in five physical challenges throughout the 30 hours to earn extra break time.
The participants include Nicholas Stilb of Buffalo, Brian Mueller of Canandaigua, Tracey White of Dansville, Deanna Dapice of Hornell, Bridgette Arnold of Stillwater and Cailee Sarick of West Seneca.
Some keys moments in time include:
- Pumpkin Painting Challenge, Saturday at 3 p.m. – blindfolded contestants must paint a jack-o-lantern on a pumpkin before time runs out.
- Gross Pumpkin Challenge, Saturday at 8 p.m. – contestants must use their hands to locate 10 spider rings among pumpkin guts and creepy crawlers
- Trivia Challenge, Sunday at 12 a.m.- right at midnight, contestants will take turns answering trivia questions about Halloween. If they answer incorrectly, they will have to spin the Trick or Treat Wheel and eat what they land on whether it be candy corn or chocolate-covered crickets.
- Bobbing for Apples, Sunday at 7 a.m. – contestants will compete to see who can bob for the most apples in 30 seconds.
- Candy Bar Challenge, Sunday at 10 a.m. – contestants will have to correctly name 10 unwrapped candy bars.
Updates will be provided on the park’s and contestants’ social media using #SixFlagsCoffinChallenge. Challenges will be live streamed on the Six Flags Darien Lake Facebook Page or Instagram.