The Phelps Fire Department responded to a camper on fire on Park Street after midnight.
Clifton Springs and Oaks Corner Fire Departments were also called in.
According to the Phelps Fire Department the call was made by a neighbor after hearing a loud pop and then saw the fire. That person then woke up the family inside the house where the camper was parked.
The family left the house unharmed but their 2016 fifth wheel camper was fully engulfed. Fire chief says propane tanks exploded and the camper is a complete loss.
The flames reached both the house and separate garage the camper was parked next to along with the neighboring house; they suffered only cosmetic damage.
Family members tell us that they were planning a camping trip this weekend. The camper was fully gassed up and hooked up to a battery charger.
The Phelps Fire Chief says everyone was really lucky today. The cause of the fire is still under investigation. Firefighters say both homes involved and the camper were insured.