wxbanner

Bob Morgan faces lawsuit brought by brother

Local News
bobmorgan_1510713183908.jpg

Prominent Rochester developer Bob Morgan is facing more troubles as he is named in a new lawsuit being brought by his brother.

Herbert Morgan says Bob Morgan sold several office parks and apartment complexes this year, of which Herbert owned stake in. But, Herbert Morgan claims Bob didn’t inform him of the sales in an attempt to cut him out of the multi-million dollar deals.

In the lawsuit, Herbert Morgan is seeking his cut of those sales with interest.

At the same time, Bob Morgan’s son and nephew face federal charges as part of a fraud case. Federal prosecutors say Todd and Kevin Morgan misled financial institutions, by making rental properties appear to occupied when they were in fact vacant, in order to secure larger loans.

Todd and Kevin Morgan, along with two other men, were charged in a 62-count indictment in May.

And, while all this is ongoing, questions have been raised regarding Bob Morgan’s status as the lead developer of the proposed performing arts center at Parcel 5 in downtown Rochester.

Last month, after a report that RBTL was planning to remove Bob Morgan’s company from the project, RBTL chair Arnie Rothschild admitted he had briefed other developers on the current situation, but had no plans to make any changes to the project.

Rothschild did say that changes could be made in the future, if the federal investigation dragged on.

“The second possibility is this thing takes a long time, in which case we may have to substitute with another developer, so we don’t control that timeline,” Rothschild told News 8 on July 19.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Dont Miss

More Don't Miss