This is what was trending Monday, July 4th, 2016:
- No surprise here, Happy 4th of July and #America was trending Monday. Plenty of revelers were getting in the spirit, even donning full American flag suits and showing off their best fireworks shots. Plus, Lego land unveiled its tallest Lego statue ever of One World Trade Center.
- The 4th is all about celebrating our American freedoms, which includes the freedom to dress up like a burrito. Thanks to this bizarre new online product called the “Tortilla Towel,” you can finally fulfill that strange need if you have to hit the beach dressed as your favorite dishes. The towel is of course already sold out online, but a new batch will be available for pre-order for $35.
- One of the original boy bands is hitting the road. 98 Degrees begins a 35-city tour on Friday starting in Kansas. The group was big in the 1990’s with giant hits including, ” I Do.” Singer Nick Lachey says fans can expect to hear plenty of old favorites at the upcoming concerts.
- A re-imagining of Disney’s cherished family film, “Pete’s Dragon” is on the way to the big screen once again. The story is about the adventures of an orphaned boy named Pete and his best friend Elliott, who just so happens to be a dragon. “Pete’s Dragon” opens in theaters on August 12th. You can catch the teaser trailer, here.
- Our featured 4p Photo Album Picture of the Day was sent in from Danielle Boehm. She says, “I love this picture, it was my daughter’s first time putting her toes in the lake.” Every day we’ll be asking you to send in your work on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using #news8photo with a little story or caption behind it.