More state funding is pouring into the Finger Lakes Region to help boost economic development.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Wednesday that $63.9 million in state funding has been awarded to the Finger Lakes Regional Council. The funding will support 110 development projects in the Finger Lakes area.
“At a time of economic transformation, the one thing you need is someone to help you,” Cuomo said. “It takes money to make money. The state government should’ve been playing that role.”
Some of those projects include:
- Former Medley Centre redevelopment – $2 million
- George Eastman Museum enhancements- $1 million
- Rochester Museum and Science Center renovations – $1 million
- OptiPro Systems expansion – $600,000
- The Little Theatre upgrads – $550,000
- Victor Consolidated Fire District – $239,400
- Erie Harbor enhancements – $850,000
- Capelli Sports Stadium upgrades – $100,000
A full list of the 2017 Regional Economic Development Council awards is available online.