State Senator Michael H. Ranzenhofer has announced $45,000 in state funding for public libraries throughout Monroe County.
The total funding will be distributed to each of the following branches:
• Arnett Branch Library, $9,000;
• Chili Public Library, $9,000;
• Frederick Douglass Community Library; $9,000;
• Newman Riga Library; $9,000; and
• Phillis Wheatley Community Library, $9,000.
The funding is part of the 2017-18 State Budget and is administered by the New York State Education Department. It can be used for a variety of purposes, including capital improvements, new books, learning materials, software, programming and computers.