ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) — The Rochester City School District said in a statement Monday morning that they were experiencing issues with their online sign-in platform, preventing students and staff from logging into Zoom, Google Classroom, Seesaw and PowerSchool.
They say the issues are due to a nationwide networking issue on Amazon Web Services.
Monday’s classes will move to asynchronous/independent learning. Students and teachers in grades 3-12 will be able to login to Google Classroom with their username and password on Classroom.Google.com. You can find login instructions here.
RCSD officials said the platform became operational around 12:50 p.m. Monday and that all learning platforms will be used as normal for Tuesday.
Here’s how other local districts are impacted by the outage:
- Brighton — Uses part of Amazon Web Services, but can bypass the affected system
- Churchville — Not affected
- East Irondequoit — Uses Microsoft Teams, hasn’t heard of any outages
- Gananda — Doesn’t use Amazon Web Services
- Gates-Chili — Doesn’t use Amazon Web Services, says one of their vendors does but have had minimal interruption
- Greece — Impacted by the outages, only K-12 are impacted until it’s resolved
- Hilton — Not aware of using Amazon Web Services, or being affected by outages
- Pittsford — Not affected
- West Irondequoit — Not affected
This is a developing story, News 8 will provide updates as they become available.