CARTHAGE, N.Y. (WUTR/WFXV/WPNY) – The New York State Police have reported that a Carthage man has been arrested for the alleged sexual exploitation of children.
On January 20, after a joint investigation by the New York State Police, the Tampa FBI Office, the Fort Drum Army CID, the Jefferson County CAC/CPS, and the Village of Carthage Police Department, 38-year-old Michael J. Rosas of Carthage, NY was arrested on the following charges:
- Dissemination of an Unlawful Surveillance Image in the First Degree (Class E Felony)
- Unlawful Surveillance in the Second Degree (Class E Felony)
- Possession of a Sexual Performance by a Child (Class E Felony)
- Forcible Touching (Class A Misdemeanor)
- Endangering the Welfare of a Child (Class A Misdemeanor)
Rosas is currently in the Jefferson County Jail on a $2,500 cash or $5,000 bond and scheduled to appear in the City of Watertown Court on January 28th, at 10 a.m.