PENFIELD, N.Y. (WROC) — Owner of Rising Storm Brewing Co., Bill Blake, has confirmed to News 8 that the new “Rising Storm at the Mill” — located on Blossom Road at the old Daisy Flour Mill — will finally be opening its doors Friday, October 13.
In August, the brewery bought the iconic space next to Ellison Park.
It will open as tap room, full-service restaurant, as well as brewing massive amounts of beer. The brewery had been hosting regular “can pickups” to get people familiar with the location for some months now.
They now have a fresh coat of paint, a full kitchen, seating for hundreds inside and out, and they’re brewing full-tilt in the former-ballroom-turned-brewery.
But despite all teh upgrades — including the “Instagram walls” — Blake says they have struck a balance between the old and new.
“Really honoring the history of the daisy flour mill building, while bringing our own vibe and feel to it, so we tried really hard to keep that,” he said. “(All) while making it fresh, making it new, and making it really welcoming and inviting, and feeling like it older with the character that it has, but also a new fun spot to be.”
Latest Local Business News
- Waterloo Premium Outlets to be renamed Finger Lakes Premium Outlets
- City of Rochester provides updated timelines on Downtown Revitalization Initiative projects
- Apple Cinemas opening this week in Pittsford Plaza
- Marketplace Mall owners share what they believe it will look like in two years
- Monroe Co. gaming facility could be included in NYS, Seneca Nation negotiations
Stay with News 8 on this developing story.