(NEXSTAR) – Over two dozen Bed Bath & Beyond locations are preparing to shut their doors for good in the coming weeks, including the store on Eastern Boulevard in Canandaigua.
The New Jersey-based home goods retailer previously announced plans to close roughly 200 stores over two years, starting in 2020. According to a recent presentation on Bed Bath & Beyond’s third-quarter results, about 170 stores have already been closed.
The retailer closed its store at The Mall at Greece Ridge in early 2021, before closing the Pittsford Plaza store in December of 2021.
Shares soared for Bed Bath & Beyond on Thursday, jumping more than 10% at the opening bell. The retailer lost $276.4 million, or $2.78 per share, for the three months ending Nov. 27. The per-share losses adjusted for restructuring costs and other items was 25 cents, much worse than the break-even quarter industry analysts had projected, according to Zacks Investment Research.
For the current quarter ending in February, Bed Bath & Beyond said it now expects revenue in the range of $2.1 billion.
According to Bed Bath & Beyond, 37 locations are closing, many by the end of February. In a statement shared with Nexstar, the company says these stores are part of the previously announced plans to close 200 over two years.
Here is a list of the locations on track to close in the coming weeks:
- Oxford, 1000 Oxford Exchange Blvd.
- Yuma, 1212 South Castle Dome Avenue
- Casa Grande, 1004 North Promenade Parkwa
- Tustin, 13692 Jamboree Rd
- Rancho Santa Margarita, 22235 El Paseo
- Laguna Niguel, 32391 Golden Lantern
- Campbell, 515 East Hamilton Avenue
- Milpitas, 147 Great Mall Drive
- Orange City, 963 Harley Strickland Boulevard
- Atlanta, 130 Perimeter Center West
- Marietta, 4475 Roswell Road, Suite 100
- Pocatello, 1732 Hurley Drive
- Jackson, 1132 Jackson Crossing
- Eagan, 1295 Promenade Place
- Duluth, 1303 Miller Trunk Highway
- St. Joseph, 5201 North Belt Highway
- Meridian, 131 S. Frontage Road
- Edgewater, 489 River Rd.
- Plainview, 401 S. Oyster Bay Road
- Port Chester, 25 Waterfront Place
- Auburn, 217 Grant Avenue
- Spring Valley, 14 B Spring Valley Marketplace
- Canandaigua, 328 Eastern Blvd.
- Glenmont, 388 Feura Bush Rd
- Niagara Falls, 1520 Military Road
- Mansfield, 2259 Walker Lake Road
- Pittsburgh, 7507 McKnight Road
- York, 2845 Concord Road
- San Angelo, 4169 Sunset Drive
- Vienna, 2051 Chain Bridge Road
- Seattle, 2600 SW Barton Street
- East Wenatchee, 511 Valley Mall Parkway
- Longview, 200 Triangle Center
- Union Gap, 1740 East Washington Street
- Sheboygan, 3347 Kohler Memorial Drive
- Triadelphia, 555 Cabela Drive
While many of the chain’s locations are closing, roughly 450 – slightly more than half of its 809 locations – are on track to be remodeled, the company reports.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.