(CNN & WIAT) — Thermometers are hard to come by these days, and it could get worse.
Thermometer manufacturers and distributors say the devices were already in high demand earlier this year when health care providers started ordering more to scan COVID-19 patients. But now, companies who will require temperature checks are also buying the devices in mass bundles.
Marc Blustein, CEO of American Diagnostic Corporation, one of the nation’s largest thermometer manufacturers, said demand is up 900% for his company’s “non-contact” thermometers.
Multiple medical suppliers said the added customers have put a strain on the thermometer supply chain because they simply can not make enough right now.
- WATCH LIVE: Buffalo Kickoff Live previews Bills vs. Chiefs in AFC title game
- Mexico has $1 million for ‘Dreamers’ in the U.S.
- Staff finds meth in Abbeville motel room disguised in Arizona tea cans
- 92% of vaccine allocation has been administered in NYS
- Bills CB Tre’Davious White reflects on decision to play in a season full of uncertainty