TOWN OF CAMBRIA, N.Y. (WIVB) — A teacher’s aide in Niagara County has been charged with sexual abuse and criminal sexual act.
33-year-old Melissa Demmin was accused of engaging in unwanted sexual contact with two male students. Her arrest came after the Sheriff’s deputy assigned as a school resource officer received a report from Niagara Academy.
According to the Sheriff’s Office, the incidents allegedly happened this year. Orleans Niagara BOCES is cooperating with the investigation.
Demmin has since been taken to the Niagara County Correctional Facility, where she will be arraigned.
- Golden Apple: Congratulations to Amanda Shipman!
- Mickelson PGA Championship absence highlights golf tour battle
- Kidnapping victim passes note to KFC worker begging for help
- Chick-fil-A in Tennessee offers year of free food for return of missing sign
- Crib bumper ban: Products blamed in baby deaths can no longer be sold