ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) — One person was taken to the hospital Friday afternoon after a fire on Glenwood Avenue.

The Rochester Fire Department says they responded to a call for a house at 100 Glenwood Ave. after smoke was seen escaping from the home.

RFD says when crews entered the home, they found an unresponsive person.

Fire crews were able to remove the person from the home and begin performing CPR.

The occupant of the home, according to RFD, was given CPR as they were transported to a nearby hospital.

News 8 staff also on the scene says firefighters and EMS were performing CPR on a person. They add that family around them were crying. AMR was doing chest compressions on the person on their way to the hospital.

According to the Rochester Fire Department, the occupants of the home were a couple in their 60s. They add the cause of the fire was a stove.

Firefighters were able to ventilate the smoky conditions inside the home.