DANSVILLE, N.Y. (WROC) — The Dansville Fire Department is monitoring an “obviously suspicious” fire at the Castle on the Hill Saturday morning.
In a post to the Dansville Community Page on Facebook Saturday just before 6 a.m., Dansville Fire Chief Brian Wood announced the building was on fire in the upper south floors.
Wood said the Dansville Police Department, Dansville Fire Department, and the Office of Emergency Management are still investigating the fire. They add it is “obviously suspicious in nature.”
Photos courtesy of Matthew DiRado with DiRado’s Ariel Imagery.
The Dansville Fire Department says the fire will be monitored and checked on periodically. Wood says in his post that conditions at the time were unsafe to enter the building to suppress the fire, and fire trucks cannot access the area.
Check back with News 8 WROC as we will continue to update this developing story.
- Weather forecast: Strongest winds ease Sunday morning, still a breezy day
- Greece police seek public help after smash-and-grab at Dick’s Sporting Goods
- VIDEO: Rochester peregrine falcon Nova lays egg
- Wind and rain causing weekend power outages as companies work to keep the lights on
- Abducted child, mother found safe, RPD shares details