SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Colin Kaepernick announced Thursday he is donating $100,000 to aid communities of color during the coronavirus pandemic.
He encouraged others to donate to the Know Your Rights Camp COVID-19 Relief Fund to assist disproportionate communities highly affected by the crisis.
The “Know Your Rights” campaign focuses on food, shelter relief, education, personal protective equipment and incarcerated populations to help slow the spread of the virus and provide the resources needed.
“Black and brown communities are being disproportionally devastated by COVID-19 because of hundreds of years of structural racism,” the former 49ers quarterback said in a video he posted to Twitter. “That’s why we’ve established the ‘Know Your Rights’ Camp COVID-19 Relief Fund to help address these issues.”
For more information, click here.
Latest News Headlines:
- UPS limits deliveries for some of country’s biggest retailers due to demand, reports say
- Joe Biden to keep Dr. Fauci on staff, call for 100 days of mask-wearing
- Get a call offering you an early COVID-19 vaccine? It’s a scam
- Republicans push back on 2020 election results, despite warning of backlash in GA runoff election turnout
- Pelosi, Schumer back $908 billion COVID-19 relief proposal