ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) — Both Rochester Regional Health and the University of Rochester Medical Center are expanding visitation at area hospitals beginning next week.
For both hospital systems, these changes go into effect Monday.
Rochester Regional Health
Officials say effective Monday, visitation at Rochester General Hospital, Unity Hospital, Clifton Springs Hospital & Clinic, Newark-Wayne Community Hospital, and United Memorial Medical Center will expand to allow a maximum of two visitors per patient per day for up to four hours each at the bedside.
Due to social distancing concerns, only one visitor will be permitted at a time. Visitors will be required to check in after being screened at the door.
Other changes to the policy include:
- Pediatrics (permits two support persons together).
- Each patient may have two support persons 24/7
- Labor and Delivery (permits two support persons together)
- Each patient may have two support persons 24/7.
- Patients with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (permits two persons together).
- Each patient may have one support person 24/7 and one visitor for a maximum of four hours per day during scheduled visiting hours.
- Rochester General Hospital: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Unity Hospital: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Clifton Springs Hospital & Clinic: 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Newark-Wayne Community Hospital: Monday – Friday: 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.; Saturday & Sunday: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- United Memorial Medical Center: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Officials say visitation is still prohibited for ED patients, COVID-19 positive patients, patients awaiting COVID-19 test results, cancer infusion centers, and inpatient behavioral health (chemical dependency and mental health).
More information for RRH hospitals can be found here.
University of Rochester Medical Center:
Most UR Medicine hospitals are now allowing a patient’s two designated visitors to see the patient on the same day.
At Strong Memorial Hospital, Highland Hospital and F.F. Thompson Hospital, visitors can see the patient on the same day, but not at the same time. At Noyes and St. James, two visitors at a time will be able to visit. At Jones Memorial Hospital, visitors will need to alternate days to visit.
Each hospital’s policies vary based on the number of patients/visitors they can accommodate while maintaining safe social distancing in their lobbies, hallways, and patient areas.
Strong Memorial and Highland visitation changes start Monday, April 5 at the start of their visiting hours. At Strong Memorial, visiting hours begin at 8 a.m. and at Highland, noon.
F.F. Thompson, Noyes, Jones and St. James enacted their new visitation rules on April 1.
- Strong Memorial Hospital: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Highland Hospital: Noon to 8 p.m.
- F.F. Thompson Hospital: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Jones Memorial Hospital: 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Noyes Health: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- St. James Hospital: Noon to 8 p.m.
More information for URMC hospitals can be found here.
In November, the hospitals suspended visitation as cases of COVID-19 rates began to rise in the Finger Lakes region. In February, both hospitals resumed limited visitation as the COVID-19 positivity rate fell and the holiday surge in cases decreased.
Check back with News 8 WROC as we update this developing story.