ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) — The Finger Lakes COVID-19 Vaccine Hub is holding community-based COVID-19 vaccination clinics this week, specifically in communities that have low vaccination rates.
Tuesday, a clinic was held at Los Flamboyanes apartment complex on North Clinton Avenue in Rochester.
“There’s a lot of Hispanic community members who live in this complex and in this area, so we are trying to serve them well with bilingual practitioners, bilingual forms, answering people’s questions and addressing their fears so we can get this community protected,” Deputy Commissioner of the Monroe County Department of Public Health Dr. Marielena Velez De Brown said.
Here are more clinics scheduled before the holiday weekend:
Thursday, July 1
- Monroe County Fleet Center, 145 Paul Road, Rochester: 9 a.m. to noon. This clinic is offering the Pfizer vaccine to individuals 12 and older. Those younger than 18, with limited exceptions, must have parent/guardian consent for vaccination. Appointments are encouraged, but walk-ins are welcome.
- Orleans County Health Department, 14016 New York 31, Albion. 1:30 to 3 p.m. This clinic is administering the Pfizer vaccine for those 12 and older, as well as the Moderna vaccine and the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine for individuals 18 and older. Make an appointment online for the Pfizer vaccine. Make an appointment online for the Moderna vaccine. Make an appointment online for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Or call 585-589-3278.
- Seneca County Health Department, 2465 Bonadent Drive, Waterloo. 1 to 2 p.m. This clinic is administering the Moderna vaccine. It is open to individuals 18 and older. Appointments are encouraged, but walk-ins are welcome.
- Potter Fire Department, 1255 Phelps Rd, Middlesex. This walk-in clinic runs from 10 to 11 a.m. It is administering the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine, and it is open to individuals 18 and older. No appointment necessary.
- Benton Fire Department, 932 Route 14A, Penn Yan. This walk-in clinic runs from noon to 1 p.m. It is administering the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine, and it is open to individuals 18 and older. No appointment necessary.
Friday, July 2
- Old Gordmans Building (formerly Peebles), 254 Lake St., Penn Yan. 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.: This clinic is administering the Johnson & Johnson vaccine (for those 18+) and the Pfizer vaccine (for those 12+; those younger than 18, with limited exceptions, must have parent/guardian consent for vaccination). This is a walk-in clinic. No appointments necessary.
Pharmacies in our region are also providing the vaccines into the weekend. Check with your local pharmacy for availability.
Walk-up Vaccine Clinics at RTS Transit Center in July
Monroe County and Trillium Health will be offering the one-dose Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine to those 18 and older at the RTS Transit Center, 60 St. Paul St., Rochester on several dates in July. These walk-up clinics will run from:
- Noon to 6:45 p.m. on July 12, July 20 and July 26. Appointments are also available for these dates, though they are not necessary.
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on July 21. No appointments necessary.