ALBANY, N.Y. (WROC) — In an update to New Yorkers Saturday, Governor Kathy Hochul provided a report on the state’s progress combating COVID-19.
“With the holidays approaching, we are wasting no time to help get vaccines administered to children so families can safely spend time together,” Gov. Hochul said. “I encourage parents and guardians to reach out to their pediatricians and family physicians to get their children vaccinated so we can all have a happy and healthy holiday season.”
Today’s data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported – 198,904
- Total Positive – 4,913
- Percent Positive – 2.47%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive – 2.46%
- Patient Hospitalization – 1,826 (-35)
- Patients Newly Admitted – 213
- Patients in ICU – 402 (+6)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation – 230 (0)
- Total Discharges – 209,608 (+235)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS – 36
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS – 45,764
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC – 58,181
This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered – 27,631,462
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours – 89,352
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days – 498,287
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose – 84.7%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series – 77.0%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) – 88.1%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) – 79.1%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose – 71.8%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series – 65.2%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) – 74.8%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) – 67.0%
Each region’s 7-day average percentage of positive test results reported over the last three days is as follows:
|REGION||Wednesday, November 4, 2021||Thursday, November 5, 2021||Friday, November 6, 2021|
|Central New York||4.36%||4.52%||4.67%|
|New York City||1.00%||1.04%||1.09%|
|Western New York||5.81%||5.92%||6.14%|
Each New York City borough’s 7-day average percentage of positive test results reported over the last three days is as follows:
|BOROUGH||Wednesday, November 4, 2021||Thursday, November 5, 2021||Friday, November 6, 2021|
Yesterday, 4,913 New Yorkers tested positive for COVID-19 in New York State, bringing the total to 2,561,320. A geographic breakdown is as follows:
|County||Total Positive||New Positive|
Yesterday, 36 New Yorkers died due to COVID-19, bringing the total compiled through HERDS to 45,764. A geographic breakdown is as follows, by county of residence:
All New York State mass vaccination sites are open to eligible New Yorkers aged 12 years and older for walk-in vaccination on a first-come, first-serve basis. People who would prefer to schedule an appointment at a state-run mass vaccination site can do so on the Am I Eligible App or by calling 1-833-NYS-4-VAX.
People may also contact their local health department, pharmacy, doctor or hospital to schedule appointments where vaccines are available, or visit vaccines.gov to find information on vaccine appointments near them.
A geographic breakdown of New Yorkers who have been vaccinated by region is as follows:
|People with at least one vaccine dose||People with complete vaccine series|
|Increase over past 24 hours||Cumulative |
|Increase over past 24 hours|
|Central New York||597,854||647||556,085||474|
|New York City||6,970,282||6,477||6,247,089||-300|
|Western New York||861,172||1,160||794,087||950|
The COVID Vaccine Tracker Dashboard is available to update residents on the distribution of the vaccine.