WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) — Melanie Clark and Melissa Dangerfield are traveling across the North Country delivering bagged lunches to truck drivers as their way to thank them for their continued service to the community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Truck drivers are still considered essential personnel and their deliveries ensure that local stores remain fully stocked during these uncertain times.
Melanie and Melissa are stopping at rest areas at least once per week to hand out lunches to truck drivers who are stopping during their trip.
They plan to continue to donate and deliver lunches until they are financially unable to do so.
- Gov. Cuomo: NYS has third lowest infection rate in nation
- Study: 1 to 2 million tons of US plastic trash goes astray
- Harris target of more misinformation than Pence, data shows
- Second study testing a COVID-19 antibody drug reports setback
- Walmart puts guns, ammunition back on display at US stores