WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) — Melanie Clark and Melissa Dangerfield are traveling across the North Country delivering bagged lunches to truck drivers as their way to thank them for their continued service to the community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Truck drivers are still considered essential personnel and their deliveries ensure that local stores remain fully stocked during these uncertain times.
Melanie and Melissa are stopping at rest areas at least once per week to hand out lunches to truck drivers who are stopping during their trip.
They plan to continue to donate and deliver lunches until they are financially unable to do so.
- Rochester couple “ecstatic” to be back home after leaving Zaandam cruise in Florida
- Coronavirus in the US: Here’s what happened Friday
- Coronavirus Facts First: Evening of April 3, 2020
- Each state will decide how to ensure essential workers can get child care
- ‘Coronavirus: Facts Not Fear’ evening update – April 3, 2020