LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) – Jordan Nwora scored 18 points to lead No. 11 Louisville over North Carolina 72-55.
The Cardinals won their second straight game and guaranteed they would stay in first place in the conference ahead of a big Monday night matchup at No. 8 Florida State.
Louisville never had a big run in the first half but ended it on a strong note by making seven of its final nine shots.
Lamarr Kimble’s jumper with 9 seconds left gave the Cardinals their biggest lead of the half at 36-23.
Nwora added 11 rebounds for his fifth double-double of the season.
Malik Williams added 17 points and nine rebounds.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Amid nursing home outbreaks, local home care company says personal care aides are in high demand
- The best-paying occupations that don’t require an advanced degree
- Houses explode in Baltimore, killing 1 and trapping 1, fire union says
- LISTEN IN: Gov. Cuomo conference call on pandemic, reopening in New York state
- Bello proposes new commission for redistricting Monroe County Legislature