CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) — Isaiah Wong scored 18 points, including a key 3-pointer in overtime, and the Miami Hurricanes made all six free throws in the extra period to beat Syracuse 69-65.
The Hurricanes saved their best shooting for overtime, when they went 3 for 6.
They shot 37 percent for the game and went 10 for 31 from beyond the arc.
Syracuse forward Elijah Hughes, the leading scorer in the Atlantic Coast Conference, took a blow to the head and sat out after halftime.
He played all 20 minutes in the first half and scored eight points.
Miami broke a three-game losing streak.
- Story behind hopeful photo amid tense protests in Oklahoma City
- 2 arrested for damaging police vehicles after protest
- Community reacts to Kimberly and Beck firing: ‘Local equivalent to having their knee on my neck’
- Lawmaker on George Floyd’s death: ‘We still live in a racist country’
- How Americans respond to death of George Floyd, protests, and how Trump has handled it