The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- Good Samaritan honored after dying attempting to save others
- News 8 Celebrates: Happy birthday to Philly!
- Weather forecast: Drying out today, late week weather ‘mischief’
- Man dead after crash on Lake Avenue, area closed for investigation
- 25-year-old killed in shooting near Front Avenue, RPD investigating