ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) — Bands on the Bricks returns to the Rochester Public Market on Friday, bringing free live music from national and local artists for five weeks straight.
The shows run from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Fridays, with gates to the market opening at 5:30 p.m.
To start off the series, several Latin bands will be performing as part of a partnership between Bands on the Bricks and Rochester’s Puerto Rican Festival.
The emcee and host will be Adrian Franco, and performances include Canchani y su Grupo Acústico Latino, Banda Light, and a live DJ set by Johnny Mambo.
Guests are encouraged to bring a folding chair or blankets, as seating is limited.
While one sealed water bottle is welcome, no other outside food or drink will be allowed. However, a variety of food and drink vendors will be available throughout the evening.
Pets are not welcome at the event.
The lineup for the event is as follows:
- July 8: Latino Night
- July 15: Zac Brown Tribute Band
- Opener: Begging Angels (classic rock covers and originals)
- July 22: Into the NOW (Grateful Dead, The Stones, The Doors cover band)
- Opener: iGNiTE! Reggae Band (authentic reggae)
- July 29: Headliner: Live at Fillmore (Allman Brothers tribute band)
- Opener: Bloodshot (J. Geils tribute band)
- August 5: Headliner: Donna the Buffalo (folk rock)
- Opener: Buddhahood (reggae/ funk)
More special events at the Rochester Public Market can be found here.